MWT – Flocking Birds

In the 15 years that I’ve lived in my neighborhood, this is the first year I’ve noticed any bluebirds, robins or waxwings.  Small groups of birds such as doves and finches have always come around, but I haven’t seen any large flocks until recently.  And, I don’t find them everyday.

Of the flocking visitors, Cedar Waxwings are the most shy.  So, I was thrilled to be able watch them for a few minutes the other morning, and sneak a few shots.

Zoomed in all the way, this was the best picture I could get.  Their colorful bodies remind me of rainbow sherbet and I like their black masks, and bright yellow tail tips.

I haven’t figured out how to photograph a flock in flight yet, but I’m working on it.

See what’s happening in different corners of our world at “My World Tuesday” here.

You have read this article birds / MWT / photography / wildlife with the title MWT – Flocking Birds. You can bookmark this page URL http://mariabelgien.blogspot.com/2010/03/mwt-flocking-birds.html. Thanks!

No comment for "MWT – Flocking Birds"

Post a Comment