“To think of shadows is a serious thing.” ~Victor Hugo
"If you stand straight do not fear a crooked shadow." - Chinese Proverb
“Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.” ~Swedish proverb
Carl Jung believed that "in spite of its function as a reservoir for human darkness—or perhaps because of this—the shadow is the seat of creativity."
Would that life were like the shadow cast by a wall or a tree, but it is like the shadow of a bird in flight. ~ The Talmud
If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him. ~Buddha
- Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. ~Abraham Lincoln
- “Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.” ~Carl Sandburg
- “Where there is much light, the shadow is deep” ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "May your joys be as bright as the morning,
- And your sorrows merely be shadows that fade,
- In the sunlight of love." ~Irish blessing
You have read this article creativity / light / quotations / reality / shadows / thinking with the title August 2009. You can bookmark this page URL http://mariabelgien.blogspot.com/2009/08/finding-shadows.html. Thanks!