My World - El Tour de Tucson

Over 8000 cyclists participated in this year's El Tour de Tucson. I was not one of them. For me it's thrilling enough just to be a spectator. The 109-mile bike race started downtown at 7:00 AM.


Most of the course was on paved roads, but eight miles into the course, the riders had to get off their bikes to cross the dry Santa Cruz River.
A mariachi band entertained the cyclists as they carried their bikes across dusty dirt path.
At the 48-mile point, riders had cross Sabino Creek which was also dry.
Heading up Sabino Canyon Road
Turning onto Sunrise Drive
Only 59 more miles to go to the finish line.
This is where we said good-bye. The participants enjoyed sunny warm weather for most of the race.
Click on the My World icon above to check out other posts from around the world. MyWorld Tuesday is hosted by: Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy, Louise and Sylvia.
You have read this article bikes / El Tour de Tucson / My World Tuesday with the title My World - El Tour de Tucson. You can bookmark this page URL http://mariabelgien.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-world-el-tour-de-tucson.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My World - El Tour de Tucson"

Post a Comment