Cactus Monday - Faux Oil Painting

Happy Cactus Monday :)
Welcome to Desert Colors! I started this new blog as a place to put my creative experiments and art related posts.

These are some of my recent experiments with oil painting in Photoshop. I followed this Photoshop Essentials tutorial. The tutorial shows how to set up the oil painting action so that it can instantly be applied to a photo without having to paint individual brushstrokes. I tried it out on many photos, with mixed results, but I do like the glass-like distortion.

The colors are quite saturated on this first one exaggerating the late afternoon glow of the setting sun on the prickly pear pads. Click picture for closer view.
I kept the colors more natural on the next two images.

I had the most fun with this photo of an old prickly pear cactus.
I rotated the canvas and cropped in for an abstract effect, before doing the oil painting action.
Then, I inverted the colors and cropped closer. I like this one the best, but the picture is small now and it won't enlarge.
Thanks for stopping by. For more Cactus Monday posts, visit Teri's Painted Daisies.
You have read this article cactus / Cactus Monday / oil painting / photoshop with the title Cactus Monday - Faux Oil Painting. You can bookmark this page URL http://mariabelgien.blogspot.com/2009/07/cactus-monday-faux-oil-painting.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Cactus Monday - Faux Oil Painting"

Post a Comment