Odd Birds

This year two unusual house sparrows have been visiting my backyard, the darker bird with white wing feathers forming a "v" or heart shape on his back and a lighter sparrow sporting larger white wing patches.

I call them Mr. V and Angel.


I first noticed little Angel while watching quail in late May.







typical house sparrow (left), "Angel" (right)




taking a dust bath

My last sightings of Angel were in July:





Mr. V has been a regular backyard visitor since June.




And he's still here today:


I also observed a strange looking phainopepla one day in October.


For comparison, the picture on the left is of a normal colored male phainopepla with all black head feathers.

Notice the white head feathers on this fellow:






Have a good day!
You have read this article birds / odd / white patches with the title Odd Birds. You can bookmark this page URL http://mariabelgien.blogspot.com/2012/11/odd-birds.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Odd Birds"

Post a Comment