Venice Canals Walkways

Near Venice Beach in California, one can stroll around this charming neighborhood of canals, walkways and bridges. I learned about the walkways on Tracy's blog, Life Is A Road Trip.










According to Wikipedia the man-made canals were built in 1905 and originally called "Venice of America".  The canal district fell into disrepair by 1940 and was finally renovated in 1992.  Today the walkways of this desirable well-maintained residential area are open to the public for free.
You have read this article California / walk with the title Venice Canals Walkways. You can bookmark this page URL http://mariabelgien.blogspot.com/2010/10/venice-canals-walkways.html. Thanks!

1 comment for "Venice Canals Walkways"

  1. A trip to Venice Beach is all I ever need this year. I’m thinking of filing a leave, but I remembered that I don’t have anyone to be with me on that trip.

    ReplyDelete