Lunar Eclipse

While looking for the sunrise at 5:00 this morning, I noticed the moon setting in the opposite direction.  I didn't realize I was observing a partial lunar eclipse.  Later, I learned that what I had seen was a full moon with the earth's shadow blocking part of it.


If the rising sun had been visible at the same time, I would have witnessed selenelion, an uncommon eclipse phenomenon when the sun and the eclipsed moon are visible at the same time.

The clouds to the east were obscuring the sun, but it was still a pleasant sunrise.
You have read this article eclipse / moon / shadows / Skywatch / sunrise with the title Lunar Eclipse. You can bookmark this page URL http://mariabelgien.blogspot.com/2010/06/lunar-eclipse.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Lunar Eclipse"

Post a Comment