My World - Viewing Nature

Most mornings around sunrise I look at the sky from my window.

When it's light enough, I like to go for a little walk in my corner of the world, which happens to be the desert.

I marvel at yellow sunlight gracing various surfaces, and see what the plants look like on this particular day.

plump heart-shaped prickly pear pad


last year's cholla fruit still hanging on


ripe desert mistletoe berries

Birds are usually the first wildlife to catch my attention:

rock wren


bluebird on cactus skeleton

Many of these birds are common, but it's still exciting to view and listen to them.
cactus wren


grackles atop telephone pole

Sometimes I encounter a species that I've never seen before, like these cedar waxwings, and that's a special thrill.
cedar waxwings


I've walked this path countless times before, yet I never grow bored of it. This month I will get to see some wildflowers, butterflies, ground squirrels and reptiles!

To see what's happening in other parts of the world or to share yours, visit My World Tuesday at:
You have read this article birds / cacti / morning / nature / spring / sunrise / walk with the title My World - Viewing Nature. You can bookmark this page URL http://mariabelgien.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-world-viewing-nature.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My World - Viewing Nature"

Post a Comment